Sunbed-addict mother left with a golf ball-sized hole in her head from skin cancer says she never feared going to a ‘professional’ salon where staff wear uniforms like a ‘dentist or doctor’s surgery’
A mother who was addicted to sun beds had admitted she never considered the risk of skin cancer because she believed beauty salons were a safe place to go, and reminded her o
Nickie Murtagh, from London, told This Morning she was diagnosed with skin cancer in 2018 and used sun beds twice a week for eight years.
She saw that she had a large lump on her scalp which turned out to be cancerous and she believes that it was caused by her regular sunbed usage.
But it was revealed on the show that more people than ever are now using sunbeds.
Nickie then had a 45 minute surgery to remove the lump which left …